Working Professionals Students
The USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work is pleased to announce our Working Professionals Master of Social Work Program. This program is perfect for working professionals who need to balance a job with going back to school.
- On-campus program
- Evening courses
- 7 semesters of continuous enrollment (Including fall, spring, and summer semesters)
- Year 2 (Semesters 4,5, and 6) students will participate in an internship Field Placement Study to be completed during normal business hours with evening courses 2 days per week
- Choice of Adult Mental Health and Wellness (AMHW) or Children, Youth and Families (CYF) curriculum
The priority deadline is Monday, December 6, 2021 and the final deadline is June 6, 2022. For an application fee waiver, please contact the Office of Admissions.
For more information, contact Senior Admissions Counselor, Mayra Gomez.
All students enrolled in the Working Professionals MSW program must follow the prescribed curriculum with no modifications.
All MSW students complete four semesters of field placement for a minimum of 1,000 hours of hands-on training.
Semester 3: Virtual Field Practicum
- Skills training in classroom setting.
- Online activities to develop clinical acumen.
- Application in a simulated telehealth environment.
Semesters 4, 5, and 6: Community-Based Field Placement
- Field placement hours in a community-based agency.
- 16-20 hours per week.
- Hours completed during normal weekday business hours.
- USC matches students with an agency based on their:
- Geographic location.
- Previous work and volunteer experience.
- Future goals.
- Career track.
- Professional interests.
- Agency needs.
Students will be assigned a dedicated field faculty member to be their point of contact for the program. The faculty member will assist with onboarding, plan field placement, and be the liaison for concerns.
|1||6||$12,390||6 x $2,065 per unit rate|
|2||6||$12,390||6 x $2,065 per unit rate|
|3||6||$12,390||6 x $2,065 per unit rate|
|4||11||$22,175||11 x $2,065 per unit rate|
|5||11||$22,175||11 x $2,065 per unit rate|
|6||11||$22,175||11 x $2,065 per unit rate|
|7||9||$18,585||9 x $2,065 per unit rate|
- **Based on a 3.5% increase in per unit rate from 2020-2021 (Subject to change).
- Your cost of attendance will be determined by the USC Financial Aid Office and will reflect tuition, all mandatory fees and, in some cases, certain allowances for living expenses. Published rates for 2021 have not yet been announced and subject to change.
- You must apply for federal loans and work-study through the USC Financial Aid Office. You can apply for USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work scholarships and stipends through the USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work scholarships and stipends will be determined separately from the USC FAO and may not be included on your initial financial aid award letter from the USC FAO.
- All financial aid amounts are subject to change.