Upcoming Events and Recorded Webinars
We regularly host information sessions on campus and online for prospective students to learn more about our programs. Unable to make it to campus? Meet us when we are in your area or watch a recorded webinar.
The Office of Admissions team comes to you! During the months of September through November, representatives travel throughout California and across the country to meet prospective students in person. Follow us on Instagram to find out where the team will be next.
Community Based Approach to Social Justice and Community Healing
The purpose of this community forum is to uplift the community members voice with dignity, respect and purpose. The dialog will proactively explore solutions to today’s challenge of ensuring social justice while highlighting the strengths of healing within and from the community to lead change. Cultivating awareness with community members and experts in the field of community restoration, the discussion will be in partnership with “Community”. By engaging in critical dialogue through a shared process of kinship and care, community will provide insight as to what a true community safety and social justice approach can look like when community is at the center of change. Featured guests: Lupita Carballo of Youth Justice Coalition-C/HOPE, Fabian Debora of Homeboy Industries, Aquil Basheer of P.C.I.T.I., and Annalisa Enrile Community Organizer and Academic Researcher.
Facilitation: Robert A. Hernandez
- Date: Thursday, August 13, 2020
- Time: 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm PT
- Location: Zoom Webinar - Click to RSVP
- Social Work and Law Enforcement: The USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work partners with law enforcement agencies to offer a multidisciplinary and holistic approach to serving vulnerable populations. MSW students have the opportunity to complete internships with these agencies to engage in micro, mezzo, and macro levels of practice. Join us to learn more about these collaborations and internship opportunities.
- #WeAreTheFrontLines: Two USC MSW alumni share their real-world experience comforting families and providing hope during the pandemic. Veronica Annette Acosta '17 is an emergency room social worker and Christian Diaz '17 is a medical social worker at a community hospital in the San Gabriel Valley.
Meet the Departments Webinars (Recorded)
USC MSW students select a department of study. Your selection customizes your curriculum and fieldwork for more intensive preparation in a particular area of social work.
Want to learn more about your choices? Watch a recorded webinar about each department.
Social Change and Innovation
Adult Mental Health and Wellness
Children, Youth and Families
In this series, USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work faculty engage in candid and engaging conversations about contemporary social work issues.