Part Time/FLEX Students
The USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work is pleased to announce our Part Time/FLEX Program**. This program is perfect for individuals who need to balance a job with going back to school.
- On-campus program
- Evening courses
- 7 semesters of continuous enrollment (Including fall, spring, and summer semesters)
- Year 2 (Semesters 4,5, and 6) students will participate in an internship Field Placement Study to be completed during normal business hours with evening courses two days per week
Program Start: Summer 2023
Application Deadline: Wednesday, February 15, 2023
Program Start: Fall 2023
1st application deadline: Monday, January 23, 2023
Decision notification: April 1, 2023
Final Deadline: Monday, April 3, 2023
Decision notification: June 1, 2023
For an application fee waiver, please contact the Office of Admissions.
For more information, contact Senior Admissions Counselor, Mayra Gomez.
**Our FLEX program was formally known as our Working Professionals Program.
All students enrolled in the Part Time/FLEX MSW program must follow the prescribed curriculum with no modifications.
Part Time/FLEX Master of Social Work Curriculum Snapshot
All MSW students complete four semesters of practicum placement for a minimum of 1,200 hours of hands-on training.
Semester 3: Virtual Practicum
- Skills training in classroom setting.
- Online activities to develop clinical acumen.
- Application in a simulated telehealth environment.
Semesters 4, 5, and 6: Community-Based Practicum Placement
- Field placement hours in a community-based agency.
- 16-24 hours per week. (Summers may be 28 hours per week)
- Hours completed during normal weekday business hours.
- USC matches students with an agency based on their:
- Geographic location.
- Previous work and volunteer experience.
- Future goals.
- Career track.
- Professional interests.
- Agency needs.
Students will be assigned a dedicated field faculty member to be their point of contact for the program. The faculty member will assist with onboarding, plan field placement, and be the liaison for concerns.
|1||6||$12,270||6 x $2,045 per unit rate|
|2||6||$12,270||6 x $2,045 per unit rate|
|3||6||$12,270||6 x $2,045 per unit rate|
|4||6||$12,270||11 x $2,045 per unit rate|
|5||6||$12,270||11 x $2,045 per unit rate|
|6||6||$12,270||11 x $2,045 per unit rate|
|7||6||$12,270||9 x $2,045 per unit rate|
- Your cost of attendance will be determined by the USC Financial Aid Office and will reflect tuition, all mandatory fees and, in some cases, certain allowances for living expenses. Published rates for 2023 have not yet been announced and subject to change.
- You must apply for federal loans and work-study through the USC Financial Aid Office. You can apply for USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work scholarships and stipends through the USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work scholarships and stipends will be determined separately from the USC FAO and may not be included on your initial financial aid award letter from the USC FAO.
- All financial aid amounts are subject to change.
Sign up for an information session to learn more about the Part time/FLEX program, student experience, and application.