Social Work & Me:Restoration Through Relationships
Presented by the USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work and the Melinda Hoag Smith Center for Healthy Living on Saturday, March 7 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
This educational, one-day conference for social work professionals is dedicated to enhancing the mental, emotional, physical, and relational well-being of the practitioner. This interactive program will explore a variety of self-care practices while engaging social workers in honest dialogue to connect with one another and the larger community to cultivate the power of restorative relationships.
- Describe what restores your personal, professional and spiritual relationships
- Learn restorative practices to reboot and transform self-care.
- Rediscover and redefine meaning and purpose of relationships as expressed through the clarifying lens of Viktor Frankl’s work.
- Understanding our sacred place and relationship in the vast web of our shared natural world.
- Highly trained Reiki practitioners and Reiki masters will be present throughout the conference to bathe you with life-force energy known as "Reiki" in Japanese and "Chi" in Chinese and "Prana" in Sanskrit.
- You will be thoughtfully introduced to interactive practices of self-love, self-awareness as you take time to reconnect with the heart of who you are through a diversity of mini-practices.