Job Search Resources
USC graduates are prepared academically and professionally in a wide array of social work and nursing areas of practice, making them attractive candidates for a variety of potential employers.
As you consider your career progression, we encourage you to bookmark this page for easy access to job openings and resources.
The USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work provides this Job Bank as a free resource for job seekers and employers. All Job Bank users do so at their own risk. The school is unable to verify the information posted on the Job Bank and is not responsible for any content or subsequent transactions between employers and candidates.
Our online Job Bank offers a variety of positions in the field of social work, posted by a wide range of employers in Southern California and across the nation.
Learn about the what, who, where, why and how of identifying the type of career you want to have.
Learn how to effectively use networking in the development of your career, including the use of social media.
Learn how to make your resume and cover letter stand out. Sample resume and cover letter.
Learn the answers to common questions about the process of searching for a job.
Learn how to prepare for an interview and what to do when you get there.
Helpful Links for Social Workers
- Association for Community Organization and Social Administration (ACOSA)
- Association for Gerontology Education in Social Work (AGE-SW)
- Association of Oncology Social Workers
- California Society for Clinical Social Work
- Center for Nonprofit Management
- Child Welfare League of America
- Clinical Social Work Association
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW), California Chapter
- National Network for Social Work Managers
- National Organization of Forensic Social Work
- School Social Work Association of America
- Society for Social Work Leadership in Health Care
Helpful Links for Nurses
- Academy of Medical – Surgical Nurses (AMSN)
- Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments
- American Academy of Nursing
- American Association of Managed Care Nurses
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN)
- American Board of Nursing Specialties (ABNS)
- American Nurses Association (ANA)
- Baromedical Nurses Association
- California Coalition of Nurse Practitioners
- Center to Champion Nursing in America
- Coalition for Nurses in Advanced Practice
- Emergency Nurses Association (ENA)
- National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists
- National Association of Licensed Practical Nurses
- National Federation of Licensed Practical Nurses
- National League for Nursing (NLN)
- National Organization of Practical Nursing Education and Service
- Oncology Nurses Society
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing (Sigma)
- The National Forum of State Nursing Workforce Centers
- The National Student Nurses Association (NSNA)
- West Coast Council of Advanced Nursing Practice