If you already hold a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree, you may be eligible to earn a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree in just 12 months through the advanced standing program.
With the same leadership focus as the traditional MSW curriculum, the advanced standing curriculum enables you to bypass the first-year foundational requirements and start classes at the second-year level. As an advanced standing student, you will:
- Earn your MSW full time in three semesters.
- Focus your degree by choosing one of two departments in which to study: Adult Mental Health and Wellness and Children, Youth and Families.
- Complete 37 credits that will prepare you to pursue professional licensure.
Offered on-campus beginning summer 2019, this program is available only as a summer admit term and is open for AMHW and CYF department students only. View the program admissions criteria and application deadlines.
- You must complete the online application and submit all supporting documentation by the deadline in order to be considered for admission.
- To apply for the advanced standing program, your letters of recommendation must come from a professor from your BSW program and your agency field placement supervisor. You may submit a third optional recommendation from an academic or professional reference. These individuals should indicate they are recommending you specifically for the advanced standing program.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work from a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)-accredited school of social work earned within the past five years
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in all social work courses
Acceptance into the advanced standing program is not guaranteed. Admission is competitive, and the MSW program only accepts a limited number of advanced standing students.
For more information about the advanced standing, please contact the Assistant Director of Admissions, Ron Rubalcaba at email@example.com.