Work Settings and Careers
SCI students can work in settings that include grassroots, neighborhood, and faith-based organizations, for profit organizations, local and international community development operations, social service agencies, government agencies, hospitals and any other policy, management, leadership or administrative setting.
Some students may also pursue entrepreneurship and start their own community-based organization, philanthropic cause, nonprofit agency, socially responsible business, independent consulting practice or social innovation start-up.
Potential Work Settings and Careers in Social Change and Innovation
Michalle Mor Barak, Dean's Professor of Social Work and Business at the USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work, shares information about the various types of work settings for graduates who receives their MSW in the Social Change and Innovation department.
Sample work settings and careers include:
- Community Outreach Specialist
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Coordinator or Specialist
- Employee Assistance Professional
- Grant Writer
- Health Care Administrator
- Human Resources Coordinator or Specialist
- Policy Analyst
- Program Evaluator
- Program Manager
- Public Affairs Coordinator
- Social Entrepreneur
- Social Responsibility Consultant
- Social Work Administrator