11th Annual Children's Nursing Symposium
Thursday, May 17, 2018
Breakfast/Registration: 7:30 am - 8:00 am
Symposium: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Torrance Memorial Medical Center
Health Conference Center
3315 Medical Center Drive, Torrance, CA 90505
The Children's Nursing Symposium will update in the areas of gastrointestinal infections, healthcare needs of foster adolescents transitioning into adulthood, high Cholesterol in the pediatric population, common surgical consultations, basic first aide, gang violence and risky behaviors, and nursing service recovery.
Participants will learn to:
• Identify two causes of high cholesterol in adolescents
• List two ways to assist families at high risk for gang violence
• Describe two assessment techniques in identifying the healthcare needs of an emancipated minor
• List two physical indicators on nursing assessment that indicate small bowel obstruction
• List two treatment modalities of suspected bone fracture Identify three physical signs and symptoms of MRSA
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, CEP 300, for 8 contact hours. Clinical Education will award 8 CEU's.
Registration includes lectures, continental breakfast, lunch, and syllabus.