Pupil Personnel Services Credential
Completing the Pupil Personnel Services Credential (PPSC) in School Social Work will prepare you to graduate with an additional professional credential and competitive advantage to start your career.
Learning outcomes will include:
- Working with students in the classroom
- Managing student cases
- Providing crisis intervention
- Using school-based student risk assessments
- Developing classroom, school and district-wide programs
- Supporting students’ academic development through behavioral and socio-emotional interventions
Social workers in a school setting address behavioral issues that can hinder a child’s educational development, deliver psychological first aid interventions to students and faculty members during school-wide emergencies or community crisis events, and are essential for providing support to students with traumatic backgrounds who might otherwise be left behind or misunderstood.