Children & Families Services Program Coordinator / Social Worker (Bilingual Japanese)
Little Tokyo Service Center
231 E Third St – Ste G106
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Summary of Duties:
The Program Coordinator / Social Worker oversees Children and Families programs in LTSC’s Social Services Department. They ensure effective delivery of services, particularly for the Child Abuse Prevention & Intervention Program (CAPIT) and Prevention & Aftercare Services (PAS) programs, oversee contract compliance including timely and accurate reporting, and see to the supervision and support of staff working in the program. They also engage in direct clinical services and community education. As a professional social worker, they will maintain superior social work standards, practices and ethical conduct, and must be able to work with diverse populations of clients, staff and others in an empathetic and caring manner. They must possess a wide range of skills and attributes, and be willing to learn. They must be flexible and take initiative as they regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment in carrying out the responsibilities below.
For more detailed description, please see ltsc.org/jobs-volunteer-opportunities/
- Masters degree in Social Work or Marriage & Family Therapy required
- Bilingual in English AND Japanese required
- Active registration with State of California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- Experience with program administration and supervising staff
- Demonstrated working knowledge of community services in the area, with particular knowledge of services for children and ethnic minority families
- Good problem-solving, writing and communication skills
Execution of some duties may require driving or use of public transportation to provide services at satellite office or in the field.
Contact by email:SocialServices@LTSC.org